Downtown Gainesville, Florida

Gainesville, Florida




Everyone claimed that college was the best 4 years of their lives, well, what would you say if I told you that you could relive it?

There is a constant rivalry in Florida, between the Gold and Garnet of Florida State University and the Blue and Orange of University of Florida. You identified with one team or the other, there was never an in between. The rivalry continued far into adulthood and alum still fight hard when it comes game time.

I have to admit, I am a Seminole fan. Mainly because I like the colors better, but my mom would chop my head off if I ever told her I was moving to the dark side. Though, I will admit downtown Gainesville is a hell of a lot of fun.

Rooted deep in the absolute middle of nowhere, the lady on Google Maps will start to buffer as you get closer and closer. University Boulevard splits the town from school and real life. One side is a long history covered in Spanish moss and Florida Brick, the other is one of the best college towns I have ever experienced.

Infiltrated with hipster millennial’s and a lacking phone connection, downtown Gainesville certainly is a sight to see. From restaurants with signs guaranteeing a cured hangover to a plethora of unique bars, like the Dueling Piano’s and the Barcade.



Big or small, young or old, this town is definitely a memorable place. The best part, there’s no distraction’s from having fun.

Comments